Sinks are always running with water, but this doesn’t mean they never get dirty. Sink cleaning is a bit easy as it can be done with home equipment that one uses on a daily basis without having to purchase special equipment for the work.
What you need for the job;
- Baking soda
- Lemon peel
- Olive oil
- Paper towel
1. Remove utensils or any item that could be in the sink
2. Sprinkle the sink with baking soda,
3. Scrub it gently using the sponge; these reduces scratches to the sink, both the stainless and porcelain sink.
4. Rinse the sink with vinegar, as it fizzes, it removes any mineral stains that are on the sink and also serves as a disinfectant.
5. Gentle rub with the sponge then rinse the sink with water.
6. With the lemon peel, give the sink that shinny look; this is done by gently rubbing the surface with the lemon peel.
7. For rust stains on the bathroom sink, pour salt then rub gently using the lemon peel, for the kitchen sink, WD-40 will work the miracle for you, wipe the spot with the liquid on a piece of cloth, then rinse with plenty of water.
8. Pour a mixture of baking soda, salt and a small amount of tartar in the drain to rid any clogs. This could be repeated frequently to always keep the sink free of clogs.
9. Complete the procedure by buffing the paper towel and a little olive oil on the sink. This gives it the perfect shine that lasts for some time before you decide to clean the sink again.